How to get rid of love handles is by far the most commonly asked question in fitness. If you are reading this article, it probably means you have been wondering how to get rid of your love handles as well. For those who do not know, love handles, which are the direct cousins of stubborn belly fat, is the endearing term we all use to denote the fat accumulated over time on each side on the waist area. Each time you wear tight clothing, love handles attempt to make a statement. They typically love attention, and they are not afraid to show it. The only problem is, we do not welcome their presence in our lives. So, if you are like 75 percent of the overweight American community who hates love handles with a passion, then what fat burning tips can help you get rid of stubborn belly fat?
You are probably thinking that doing a couple hundred crunches per day should help you get rid of love handles. Well, I do not want to be the bearer of bad new, but no; doing crunches is the worst type of exercise you can do if you are looking to get rid of stubborn belly fat. Yes you heard me correctly; if you are trying to shed fat around your belly area, stay away from crunches. Why? Because doing crunches does NOT burn fat. Crunches only help strengthen the abdominal muscles and your core. They do not burn anything.
There are several ways you can burn the fat, but before I get into it, it is important for everyone to understand the mathematical definition of a pound of fat. A pound of fat equates to 3,500 calories. This means that if you want to lose 10 pounds, you need to lose 35,000 calories. A very reasonable goal would be to lose about 100 calories per day, which means that by the end of the first year (within 365 days), you would have lost 36,500 calories, or approximately 10 pounds. Does that make sense?
In order to lose 100 calories per day, you can either reduce your calorie intake through healthy dieting, or burn calories through aerobic exercising. You can obviously choose to do both, for better fat loss result. So with no further blabber, here are 11 quick and simple fat burning tips that can help you burn 100 calories per day and get rid of love handles. Keep in mind that these are lifestyle changes that are easy to maintain, rather than extraneous regimen that you are quick to drop out of.
11 Ways to get rid of Love Handles
- Run 6 miles per hour or above, for 20 minutes every other day
- Do a Jump rope exercise for 30 minutes everyday
- Climb up and down stairs 2 steps at the time for 20 minutes every other day
- Do a high intensity interval cardio routine three times a week
- Include fiber in your daily nutrition
- Completely ban soda from your diet
- Take Pilates or Zumba classes if you prefer group workouts
- Eat four to six small meals per day, rather than one big meal
- Replace white rice with brown rice, and white bread with whole wheat bread
- Drink a lot of water during the day. As a rule of thumb, drink half your body weight in ounces of water. In other words, if you weigh 150 lbs, drink approximately 75 oz of water each day
- Run on the treadmill with a incline setting of 15, for 5 miles per hour for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds, and keep alternating through runs and rests for 30 minutes (this is a crazy exercise that is sure to shred a LOT of fat)
Note that these fat burning tips are not carved in stone. You should feel free to tweak them and make them fit your personality. If you prefer treadmill to Pilates, then find out ways to vary your treadmill routines and make them challenging. But the bottom line is, if you stick with these 11 fat burning tips, you are bound to lose the stubborn belly fat, and get rid of love handles. Good Luck!