The chili-rubbed steaks & pan salsa is indeed the best treat for your stomach when you yearn for something spicy. The good thing about this healthy steak recipe is that it could be made very easily and in just a few minutes. The ingredients used in the making of this dish could be easily found in the kitchen. However, making the chili-rubbed steaks & pan salsa takes accuracy and good timing. One small mistake could ruin the whole meal. The mistake could be of any type. For example, you could keep the steak on the burner for 2 extra minutes, causing the steak to lose the majority of its taste. Another simple mistake: you might add a little extra chili making the recipe way too spicy. Even though this dish demands delicacy, you could master the technique after a few attempts.
Time required for making the dish: approx. 20 min
– 8 ounces of steaks which are half inch thick and a rib eye which is low of fat
– Chopped fresh cilantro: 1 tsp
– Lime juice: 2 tsps
– Dices plum tomatoes: 2
– Extra-virgin olive oil: 1 tsp
– Kosher salt: ½ tsp
– Chili powder: 1 tsp
Making the dish
Follow the following steps for making the chili-rubbed steaks & pan salsa recipe
1) Sprinkle salt and chili powder on both sides of the steak. Make sure the distribution is uniform. You could even use a spatula to do the job.
2) Heat the oil in a medium sized skillet at a medium heat level. Add the steak and flip each side after every other minute, so that both sides are equally cooked.
3) When the steaks are fairly cooked i.e. when you see its color turning brown, remove them from the skillet and put them in a plate. Cover them with kitchen foil while you make the salsa.
4) For the salsa you will need to add lime juice, tomatoes and about ¼ tablespoon of salt in a pan. Cook the mixture at medium level heat and make sure you stir the mixture after every few seconds. Keep repeating this until the tomatoes become soft. Ideally this should take about 3 minutes.
5) Once the mixture is well cooked, remove the pan and stir it in cilantro.
6) Your steaks as well as the salsa are ready. Serve the steaks with the salsa as the topping.
Even through almost any type of steak cut will do great for the dish, it would be better if you could cut the steak in thin pieces. Also, you could experiment with different flavors and seasonings like that of the rib-eye. Having some sweet potato fries and cold ale with the dish will make it even better.
Important things to keep in mind when preparing the dish
1) Make sure that you cook the steak pieces on a medium heated burner only. Low heat level won’t help in cooking the steak perfectly and a high heat level will tar the surface of the steak.
2) Be extra careful with the amount of salt and chili as the dish will be ruined if you add even a half tablespoon extra of these.
3) If the streaks are kept in the foil for much longer then they will lose crispness. So, to prevent this condition immediately begin to make the salsa when you are done cooking the streaks. Try to make the salsa as early as possible.
Every serving of chili-rubbed steaks and salsa contain 192 calories. The components proportion is as follows
– Cholesterol: 81mg
– Fat: 8g (4g mono and 2g sat)
– Carbohydrates: 4g
– Sodium: 359mg
– Potassium: 515mg
The chili-rubbed steaks & pan salsa is a very scrumptious and healthy recipe that could be enjoyed by people of all ages. However, for those who are diabetic, it is advised that they make the dish will a little less oil and less salsa. Many people love to experiment with this dish, especially with the salsa and you could do that too. You can thus, keep the beef cooking procedure the same and experiment with salsa by adding some other ingredients in it. You could add black pepper, cinnamons and other type of spices you love to make the dish special.
About the author: Claudia is a blogger by profession. She loves writing on luxury and technology. She recently read an article on home remedies that attracted her attention. These days she is busy writing an article on best kitchen faucets.