Have you been feeling sluggish or simply out of tune lately? Have you been experiencing skin issues such as unusual breakouts or blemishes? Have you been having irregular bowel movements, or frequent constipation? If you answer yes to any of these questions, perhaps you are overdue for some body detox.
What is Detox About?
Detox has been practiced for centuries and is centered on removing toxins out of the body and then nourishing the body with healthy nutrients. Body detox helps protect the body from illnesses and creates adequate conditions for your body to regain optimum health.
How does Detox work?
As mentioned above, detox is about purging the body of toxins. It achieves this primary by removing impurities from the blood contained in the liver. However, the body detox also removes toxins from the kidneys, lungs, intestines, lumpy, and your largest organ (the skin).
Detoxing helps the body regain its optimal energy status by resting the organs; by stimulating the liver to purge toxins out of the body; by promoting toxin removal through the kidneys, intestines, and skin; by improving blood flow; and by refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
Where to Start?
There are a lot of things you can do, to decrease your toxin load. For example, you should eliminate alcohol, coffee, refined sugar, and cigarette smoking. Also, minimize you usage of chemically-laden household products such as shampoos, lotions, deodorants etc.
But detoxing doesn’t stop there. You should also seek to decrease your level of stress. Stress is responsible for the accumulation of toxins in the body. Yoga and meditation can help you relieve stress and reset your overall mental state on a positive and more blissful track.
10 Ways to Help Detox Your Body
To help detox your body, you can do the following 10 steps
1. Fibers: Load up on fiber. This includes brown rice and organic fruits and vegetables. More specifically, beet, radish, cabbage, artichoke, broccoli, and seaweed are excellent detox foods.
2. Healthy Tea: Protect and cleanse your liver by drinking green and dandelion tea.
3. Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps your liver avoid the buildup of toxins by producing a compound called glutathione. Take lots of vitamin C.
4. Water: In case you still haven’t figured it out, water is the best and cheapest medicine ever! Drink at least half your body weight in ounce of water daily. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, you would want to drink at least 75 oz of water every day to help your body detox.
5. Breathe: Breathe deeply to enable oxygen to freely flow through your organism.
6. Detox Pads: detox pads such as the foot detox pads are based on an ancient Japanese method of detoxification and have helped countless people purify their bodies and live healthier lives.
7. Hydrotherapy: A combination of hot and cold showers can help your skin detox. Take a 5-minute hot shower, followed immediately by a 30-second cold shower. Repeat three times and then rest in bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sauna: Sauna is your friend if you are looking to remove impurities from your body. You will achieve this primarily through heavy perspiration.
9. Meditation: As mentioned above, stress contributes to the accumulation of toxins in the body. Meditation can help you turn stress into positive emotions.
10. Exercise: We cannot talk about detoxing without mentioning exercising. If you are looking for an exercise program to do in the comfort of your home, try this 4 week home workout program below. Good luck on detoxing!