True THAT! Because whatever is happening inside of you will definitely show up, sooner or later – OUTSIDE of you. As important as it is to fix yourself up physically- by wearing the right style of clothing, putting on make up, lifting weights, working out and eating right -even more vital is fixing your inner self up- appropriately. Which brings us to the subject at hand. DETOX.
Detox has been such a trending topic everywhere it seems. Not too different from fad diets, detox diet plans on the internet bombard us every few clicks, everyday- or so it seems. Hence, the skeptic in me at times wonders how true and effective they really are. It’s true that our bodies need to be rid of toxins, impurities, alcohol and what have you- depending on the type of diet or no diet you are on. However, shouldn’t our hearts and minds need some cleaning up too?
As important as the food we put into our bodies, equally important are the thoughts we put into our heads. These 7 steps are designed to flush out ingested toxins from a diet of processed and fast food while clearing out our precious minds of pollutants from living in this day and age of fast technology, TV, internet, media and advertising newsfeed.
1. Foods & liquids to have in abundance
- A lot of fresh fruit juice, herbal or fruit teas and water. Making sure you drink at least 8 glasses a day
- Fresh Fish and Vegetables
- Fruits, Unsalted nuts, Live Natural Yoghurt
- Garlic, Ginger, Fresh Herbs, Pepper, Honey, Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
2. Foods & liquids to avoid
- Carbonated Soda, Coffee, Tea and Alcohol
- All Meats such as Pork, Beef, Chicken, Duck and Turkey
- Bread, Croissant and Cereals, Processed Foods, TV dinners and Fast Food
- Cakes, Pastries, Salted Nuts and Chips
- Salad Dressing and Mayo
3. Get physical – Outdoors
- Go on a vacation
- Go for a swim
- Go on a bike ride
- Go for a run or a wall
4. Be a loner for a day or 2 or 3
- Before you do this, notify your family and friends about what you will be up to in the next few days so they won’t worry.
- Converse with people IRL- In Real Life.
- Be where you are and appreciate your surroundings.
5. Go on a media strike
- Turn off your technology. Tvs, DVDs, Internet need to be shut down.
- Magazines and newspapers should be kept out of reach.
6. Go analog
- Write with a pen and paper.
- Compose a Bucket List.
- Write down favorite random words. See what happens.
- Play soothing music. If you have a record player, play a few vinyl records.
- Read a good book. Make sure it is not an E-book.
7. Indulge in Peace and Quiet
- Treat your aromatic senses with aromatherapy. Chamomile and lavender are scents that are uplifting and yet relaxing.
- Be grateful. Practice sitting. Silence your thoughts. And if you get comfortable meditate.
About the Author: Samantha Jones is a writer, health & culinary enthusiast. She has been sharing her knowledge and what not’s about trends, healthy cooking & culinary art. She spends the rest of her time promoting active lifestyles with her latest pursuit managing PR and promotions for dance and fitness